- DC tops the nation in per-student spending (on a state by state basis, not on a district by district basis as the AP is reporting)
- Not only is last in every student achievement statistic [pdf version], but the drop off between the District and the state ranking 50th in each category is embarrassingly large
- In the category Accountability and Standards DCPS is graded a D-, beating out New Hampshire and Iowa
- In Efforts to Improve Teacher Quality the District received a score of D, ranking it 44th out of 51
- In the category School Climate DCPS was graded a C-, ranking it 46th out of 51.
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Even more study results
This time it is the Education Week's Quality Counts 2005: No Small Change, Targeting Money Toward Student Performance report. Among the highlights: