But Janey's master education plan is to provide greater detail than the five-year plan, said Juanita Brooks Wade, director of the D.C. Education Compact, the coalition of business leaders, foundations and parents that helped Janey draft the earlier plan.Issues such as grade configuration (most school districts have only one, DC has three), curricula and the role of charter and magnet schools are to be covered by the plan. Much like the five year plan Janey is looking for input from the community. Public meetings will be held at the following locations:
The five-year plan gave "Dr. Janey's vision from a view of 30,000 feet. The master education plan is the picture of the school system at 15,000 feet," Wade said.
- Nov. 9 at Patterson Elementary School, 4399 South Capitol Terrace SW.
- Nov. 14 at McKinley Technology Senior High, 151 T St. NE
- Nov. 15 at Cleveland Elementary, 1825 Eighth St. NW.
- Nov. 17 at Janney Elementary, 4130 Albemarle St. NW
- Nov. 21 at Kelly Miller Middle, 301 49th St. NE.