Closing:Let the complaining begin.
- Fletcher-Johnson Educational Center (Ward 7)
- Merritt Educational Center (Ward 7)
- Shadd Elementary School (Ward 7)
- M.C. Terrell Elementary School (Ward 8)
- Van Ness Elementary School (Ward 6)
- Walker Jones Elementary School (Ward 2)
Webb Elementary School
In addition, Rudolph Elementary School (Ward 4) and Montgomery Elementary School (Ward 2) will dispose of excess space.
- Oyster Elementary School (Ward 1) will merge with Adams Elementary School (Ward 1)
The following schools will co-locate, although the new location is not known:
Janey's decision affects more than 1 million square-feet of D.C. school property and falls short of Janey's proposed removal of 3 million square-feet of school property by 2008.
- Bunker Hill Elementary (Ward 5)
- Eliot Junior High (Ward 6)
- Evans Elementary (currently empty)
- Harrison Elementary (currently empty)
- the old Miner Elementary (currently empty)
UPDATE: WTOP has edited their story. Apparently Webb Elementary is not recommended for closing. They also have information about where the students of the closed schools will go next year:
Fletcher-Johnson Educational Center students will attend Ron Brown Middle School and Nalle Elementary School.The Post has an article up now as well.
Merritt Educational Center students will attend Ron Brown Middle School, Burrville Elementary School, or Houston Elementary School.
Shadd Elementary School students will attend Drew Elementary School.
McTerrell Elementary School students will attend McGogney Elementary School.
UPDATE 2: Now the Times weighs in.