The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) reminds residents who take advantage of DDOT's School Transit Subsidy Program that there will be a few changes this school year. The program is designed to help make public transit more affordable for District youth.
As the School Transit Subsidy Program prepares for the start of School Year 2006/2007, we would like to remind residents that District law mandates that for students to receive discounted travel on Metrobus and Metrorail they must meet all of the following three qualifications:
- New Application Process (Go to your School First!):
- All students and/or parents must obtain Student Travel Applications from their school before coming to DDOT. (Travel Card Applications are no longer given at the DDOT School Transit Subsidy Office.)
- Have your Student Travel Application signed, dated and stamped by your school principal before you arrive at DDOT, Mass Transit Administration.
- New Location:DDOT, Mass Transit Administration,
2217 14th Street NW , 2nd floor.
(Near the intersection of U Street and Florida Avenue, NW.)
Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 4:45 pm.
Wednesdays 8:15am- 7:00 pm. (months of August-October)
If you meet the above criteria, please follow the steps above and bring your signed, dated and stamped application to DDOT's School Transit Subsidy Office. If you have questions or concerns please contact Ms. Nancy Green-Johnson at (202) 673-1742.
- Under 19 years of age with the exception of student with disabilities who are eligible until 22 years of age;
- Resident of the District; and
- Enrolled in an elementary or secondary public, charter, private or parochial school that is located in the District of Columbia.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Update on school transit subsidy program
From the District's Department of Transportation: