I am pleased to announce that Casey Trees is offering a paid internship for DC high school students this summer. The 8 week internship will provide training and education in the field of urban forestry. Students will maintain trees in the city and work outdoors for the majority of the program and will also enjoy various field trips and professional development activities.Qualifications for the internship are:
- Be a resident of the District of Columbia currently enrolled in a DC high school.
- Be 16 or older.
- Have a motivation to learn.
- Have a demonstrated interest in DC’s environment.
- Show a willingness to represent Casey Trees as a professional in conduct and appearance.
- Have a strong work ethic and the physical ability to work hard outdoors in all weather conditions, including rain and heat.
- Show a willingness to work with a variety of landscaping tools and equipment.
- Complete an application with two references supporting qualifications for the job.
[hat tip: Christina Escobar at Casey Trees]